What is a database?
What does a database do for me?
A database allows all of your data to be accessible from a single software application. The database stores all of your information in a highly-structured manor, easily allowing you to perform tasks. Your database can inherently show trends in your data that might otherwise be difficult to discover.
Your database will allow you to shed the shackles of unorganized spreadsheets and upgrade by implementing a third dimension to your data storage and a beautiful user interface to top it off.
You need a database if…
- You hate using multiple spreadsheets to track your data
- You loathe spending hours sifting and sorting through said spreadsheets looking for data
- You can’t stand staring at the endless grid of characters stretching on in all directions endlessly
- Your data is still kept on paper
- Your data needs to be updated in multiple places to stay accurate
- You’re worried about security
- You have a large amount of data that needs to be tracked
- You’re worried about the integrity of your data
Then you might want to consider upgrading to a database made by Cerné LLC.
Who actually needs a database?
- In this glorious age of computers, paper is not an effective medium for searching and analyzing data.
- Excel and other 2-dimensional spreadsheet applications don’t give the depth required for a proper database.
- Pre-packaged databases, while a step in the right direction, will never quite fit your business needs as well as they should.
Aren’t custom databases more expensive than one Off The Shelf (OTS)?
- You wait on hold for what feels like forever with a customer service representative, only to have your words effectively fall on deaf ears.
- You just have to get over it.
- You contact us, and we’ll work with you personally to resolve the issue.
- If your business changes or shifts, we’re happy to work with you to implement new features, remove obsolete ones, and/or modify existing ones.
Why use Cerné LLC?
- Lucasfilm Ltd
- Quantum Corp
- Filemaker Inc.
- With employees on the East and West coast, we’re available to help whenever you need us.
- Doesn’t matter where you’re located (next door or a different continent), if you have an internet connection, we can help you.
- We have over 30 years of FileMaker experience, and we’ve been using it since it was called “Claris.”
- Our databases support Linux (via webDirect), as well as both Mac and PCs.
- While many businesses use SQL developers to create databases for them, FileMaker is the fastest database development environment. Taking only 20%-30% of the time required to create a database compared to Oracle or Microsoft Access, Cerné LLC can save you thousands of dollars. Let me crunch some numbers for you:
Why use FileMaker?
- FileMaker software is available on both Mac and Windows machines.
- FileMaker can be both a front and back end solution.
- FileMaker works in many languages from around the world.
- FileMaker serves all kind of hardware like desktops, iPhones, iPads, and servers. It can also be used with iBeacon and to create iOS mobile apps to serve your business on-the-go.
- FileMaker can be hosted on Amazon Cloud.
- FileMaker accepts internet browser clients with or without custom web development.
- FileMaker has a comprehensive ability to talk to other software with multiple data format import and export. It can also talk to several software languages directly, like PHP and XML.
- FileMaker’s licensing costs are reasonable, and can easily fit in a business’s budget, large or small.